JHI’s Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course provides the knowledge and skills required to maintain life in an unconscious patient until professional help arrives.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY:
Successful participants will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment in:
HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
• DRSABC Action Plan
• Legal issues and infection control
• Management of the unconscious, breathing casualty
• Management of the unconscious, non-breathing casualty using cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on both an infant and an adult
• The use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• Managing a choking casualty
MODE OF DELIVERY:
This training course is delivered face-to-face.
To achieve competency in JHI’s Provide First Aid course you will need to complete both written and practical assessments, which will be evaluated by a qualified Trainer/Assessor.
There are no specified entry requirements for this training course.
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS?
• Blue or black pen
• Note paper
• Please try to arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time.
WORK PLACEMENT REQUIREMENTS:
No work placement is required to complete this course.
Your Provide CPR certificate is valid for twelve (12) months and must be updated annually.